Thursday, February 15, 2007

I know where I get it from

Note: Thanks to everyone for their votes! The contest ended at midnight on Saturday and mom thinks she won. Apparently, she had left the computer momentarily (she's on central time) and when it was 12:00 EST, the home page changed. So, cross your fingers & we should find out Friday if she's a finalist!

My love of dogs, that is. I think I have mentioned Smoochablepooch.com before. My mom entered her English bulldog, Thunder into the contest several months ago. I followed suit and entered our labs as well. Mom took this contest much more serious than I, and is currently in the top running for her state.

Here's the catch... Thunder, my family's beloved bulldog did not make it to see the end of the contest. He had to be put down in December, due to canine lymphoma. It was horrible and very sad. I think my mother is on a mission to ensure that he wins the Tennessee vote. I find it funny that if she wins, she'll win a year's supply of dog food. Helloo? She has already said that she will be donating it to their local animal shelter.

The voting ends Friday at midnight, so if you have a chance, please vote 5 stars for Thunder. You can follow this link and vote here. My mother (and Thunder) would greatly appreciate it!

4 comments:

Alyson said...

I just found your blog and wanted to let you know that I am also in Tennessee and have a English Bulldog! I am sorry about Thunder. I voted for him and I hope he wins!

Libby said...

I'm sorry about Thunder, he looks like he was a real loveable guy. I just voted, I would have given him six stars if I could!

Melissa said...

I voted - he's absolutely adorable! I know he is greatly missed.

CLC said...

Hi, I just voted for Thunder, who is so adorable. Also, my beagle, Taylor, is listed in PA please vote for her here if you have a chance:
http://www.smoochablepooch.com/default.aspx?page=photodetail&pictureid=6599.

Thanks!!