Monday, December 11, 2006

Wait a minute, Mister Postman...

As long as the packages actually get picked up tomorrow, I think I have just found one of the best holiday time saving tools. I had to ship two packages for Christmas and I hate dragging the boxes with me to work, then running out on my lunch hour, to stand in line at the Post Office for an hour in order to mail them. Since I kept seeing the ads for package pickup & online postage, I decided to try it. In all of about 5 minutes, and that included setting up the account and weighing the packages, I have my postage paid labels and the packages scheduled for pick up. Whoo-hoo! Time for this girl to go have a slim a bear and see if there's anything on TV.

2 comments:

Monogram Momma said...

I'm anxious to hear how this turned out for you since the ads have really been getting to me too!

Susan D said...

MM - This worked like a charm. I weighhed the packages on my bathroom scale, printed the postage and left them on our porch. They were picked up when I got home from work that day. The website does recommend that you use self adhesive labels, which we were out of, so I just printed on regular paper & taped it down. You need to leave the bar code untaped. I loved this & it saved me my valuable lunch hour!