Sunday, December 10, 2006

Holiday Edition - Getting to Know You

A friend sent this to me tonight, so I thought I would add it for a little holiday fun.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly gift wrap, unless it's just a crazy shape.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually Thanksgiving weekend
4. When do you take down the tree? After New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A life like doll named Pumpkin or a doll named "Whoopsie" and when you pushed her stomach, she said "whoopsie" and her pig tails went up & down!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, a small one on the tree. The big one is somewhere lost in the storage unit.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom
9. Easiest person to buy for? Me, of course!
10. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmm... My mother is notorious for giving practical presents - I started to receive Lenox Holiday china as a child. Now, I appreciate it, but it wasn't cool when everyone else got an Atari!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? Miracle on 34th Street, Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Sometime in November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I'm sure I have
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Real gingerbread cookies, those little round, light peppermints, iced sugar cookies...
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? clear
17. Favorite Christmas song(s)? O Come all Ye Faithful, Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee, Joy to the World.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Nothing one this one - nothing would fit
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When things get so hectic that it makes it hard to slow down and enjoy the season.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love glass ornaments and have started the Swarovski star collection.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Growing up, we had Christmas Eve dinner which was usually pork tenderloin or ham, broccoli casserole, etc. My in-laws do a yummy Christmas Day dinner of ham, turkey and all of the fixings.
25. What is the real meaning of Christmas for you? For me, the real meaning of Christmas is the birth of Jesus. I really appreciate the quiet times that Christmas brings and time to spend with family, friends and loved ones.

No comments: