Wednesday, December 20, 2006

1964 1/2 mustang something or other


I love my mom. I really do. However, some of her requests just crack me up. She has collected Hallmark ornaments for many years - since before I was born, but she doesn't really use them at Christmas or even really like them. But, she has some of the entire collections, so why give up now?

Enter the last and final ornament in the Kiddie Car series... the 1964 1/2 mustang kiddie car.

So, they were sold out everywhere. She called, I called, I looked online. I got on a waiting list to buy the display at one of our Hallmark stores to find out that the display was stolen! Who steals from the Hallmark store!?!

So, after being outbid many times on eBay, I finally secured one for her last night at only $5 over retail. Whew. So now, she will have the entire collection that we will probably sell on eBay next year! Go figure!

No comments: